There is an argument that blog posts about interesting or instructive social web links have been made superfluous by the immediacy of Twitter tweets.
To a certain extent this is true, although I do wonder how many tweets with links to blog posts about social web trends have in fact been read by the tweeter before forwarding.
To be honest, I am guilty sometimes of only skimming posts before sending them on to Twitter followers. The posts below from the past two weeks, however, I have read and can recommend for their insight and sensible point of view.
- Foursquare is . . . is Five Times Larger Than Gowalla (TechCrunch)
- 21 Unique Location Examples fro Foursquare, Gowalla, Whrrl and My Town (SocialFresh)
- Why We Check In: The Reasons People Use Location-Based Social Networks (Read Write Web)
- Michael Brito: Straight talk on location-based social marketing (SmartBlog on Social Media)
ON SOCIAL MEDIA MEASUREMENT:
- Six reasons you shouldn't invest in ROI (Econsultancy)
- 5 Objectives for Social Media Measurement (Brass Tack Thinking)
- 4I's & 7C's of Social Media Measurement (PRincipal of PRoof)
ON ONLINE ACTIVISM:
- Slacktivism: Helping Humanity With a Click of the Mouse (Fast Company)
- How Political Campaigns are Using Social Media for Real Results (Mashable)
- Fixing Social Media (Cause Global: Social Media for Social Change)
- humo(u)r and (sl)activism (Withoutayard)